Fiscalization – Security made in Germany
Future-proof solution and technologies: cryptovision TSE v2 for the fiscal market
The Cash Register Security Ordinance has been in force in Germany since 01.01.2020. Every electronic cash register system must store all accounting-relevant transaction data on a Technical Security Equipment (TSE) in the cash register and keep it available for tax officials to read at any time. Every taxable entrepreneur who operates a cash register is affected by this regulation.
A technical security device (TSE) is a hardware module that, according to the German Cash Register Security Ordinance (KassenSichV), must be used in electronic or computer-aided cash register systems and cash registers. From 01.01.2024, the TSE obligation will also apply to taximeters. The TSE module ensures that every transaction is logged and digitally signed.
The German Federal Office for Information Security has specified a Technical Guideline TR-03153 “Technical Security Device for Electronic Recording Systems” for this purpose.
We have fully developed a hardware-based solution in µSD form factor and certified it as a product for the implementation of the German Cash Register Security Ordinance (KassenSichV). The cryptovision TSE v2 is expandable to USB and SD by means of adapters and is addressed via a uniform digital interface for integration into the POS software.
- The cryptovision TSE v2 has been successfully certified according to TR-03153 under the procedure number BSI-K-TR-0482.
- The security certification BSI-DSZ-CC-1170-2023 of the SMAERS application has been successfully completed according to Common Criteria (CC, ISO 15408) EAL 2+.
- The security certification BSI-DSZ-CC-1119-2023 of the CSP application has been successfully completed according to Common Criteria (CC, ISO 15408) EAL 4+.
Security made in Germany
- Maximum security and future viability: Bundling of all sensitive applications on a single chip of the latest generation.
- Enormous reduction in total cost of ownership: All data located on the TSE can be easily deleted again after a data backup and the TSE can continue to be used.
- Easy to use: Whether in a mobile device, stationary POS system or server – thanks to the small size of a microSD card, the hardware TSE can be used anywhere.
- Integration flexibility and control: In addition to the SE API in JAVA and C, the TSE can also be used in a certified manner via the certified transport layer interface with your own API implementations.
- Versatile adaptation options: Quickly react to changing circumstances – this includes USB and SD interfaces, for example.
- Extensive features: 8 GB flash memory: 2 GB of this is available for the user area, the remaining 6 GB is used for storing signed transaction and system logs.
- Fast processing speed: Around four transactions per second is a big advantage for any POS. Overall, the lifetime of the hardware TSE can also be set to up to 20 million signatures.
Structure of the Technical Security Equipment
To implement the German Cash Security Ordinance (KassenSichV), we have developed a hardware-based Technical Security Device (TSE). The core of the TSE functionality is the audit-proof recording system, based on the digital signature of the individual cash receipt data. A check value for each transaction ensures that all data is present in the original and unchanged – subsequent tampering can be easily detected. The cryptovision TSE v2 contains a security module consisting of the Jacolyn CSP and the “Security Module Application for Electronic Record-keeping Systems” (SMAERS) as well as a storage module and a uniform digital interface for integration into the POS software.