Intelligent Transport systems
Smart Traffic – The future is now !
Today’s automotive industry is being moved by deep trends that are drastically changing the driving experience, the vehicles and their environment: electrification, automated driving, software-defined vehicles and connected cars.
Vehicles are no longer isolated entities on the road; they can connect and exchange information with infrastructures and other users through vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications.
This technology is being used to deliver collaborative intelligent transport systems (C-ITS) services, which are meant to make transport safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly. Digital communication in this complex ecosystem sets high security requirements:
- Cybersecurity: The systems must be protected from hackers, terrorists and other criminals.
- Controlled use: Access to specific rights (permissions) of use must be validated.
- Data protection: The integrity of message content must be guaranteed.
- Pseudonymity and privacy: The identity of stations must be pseudonymized to prevent vehicles from being tracked by following their signed C-ITS messages.
Idnomic C-ITS PKI offers a solution compliant to European and US standards:
- Europe: ETSI TS 102940, 102941 and 103097
- USA: IEEE 1609.2 and 1609.2.1