Factorization means the decomposition of numbers into prime factors. It forms the basis of modern cryptography systems, such as the RSA method. Multiplying two numbers together can be done quickly. Reversing this action – i.e., finding the factors out of the multiplied number – is extremely time-consuming.
- Newly published: Atos whitepaper on post-quantum cryptography
- Newly published: cryptovision special issue of “The Vault” magazine
- US standards body NIST announces four winners in post-quantum competition
- Mindshare 2022 video: Two great days in 70 seconds
- New GreenShield version receives BSI approval